6 Days guided canoe trip on Yukon River
- Single room supplement: CAD $195 (hotel & tent)
- We can customize this tour for your privat group. Ask us!
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy, 5% GST will be added, all transactions are in Canadian dollars
- ConfirmedNYR 01/2018Jun 24 2018 to Jul 1 2018Available Spaces:5
- NYR 02/2018Jul 1 2018 to Jul 8 2018
- NYR 03/2018Jul 15 2018 to Jul 22 2018
- NYR 04/2017Jul 29 2018 to Aug 5 2018
- NYR 05/2018Aug 12 2018 to Aug 19 2018
- FullNYR 06/2018Aug 26 2018 to Sep 2 2018Available Spaces:0
We greet you at the airport and transfer you to the Hotel in downtown Whitehorse. In the evening your guide will meet with you and explain the details and getting prepared for canoeing the Yukon River. Of course, he will advise /assist you packing your dry bags.
In the morning we drive to Deep Creek at the shore of Lake Laberge, where a power boat brings you to the outflow of the Yukon River (± 24 kilometres) and your canoe adventure starts. At the first camp site, we make camp and prepare dinner. You will have no problems falling asleep in this quiet wilderness after such an exciting day.
Days 3 to 6
We'll have an early morning again and after breakfast we're ready for the next part of the journey. Thanks to the steady current of the Yukon River, we'll reach our daily goals without a problem and en route we'll stop to visit historic sites. The fast currents of the Yukon River takes us through deep impenetrable brush and forest; with some luck you might spot moose, bears, lynx, or wolves, and often you catch sight of beavers and bald eagle. The fish we try to catch can provide variety on the daily menu. You'll have the opportunity to learn a few new tricks of wilderness survival.
During this trip we will plan one or two short hikes, during which we will have the opportunity to get a real good impression of the Yukon wilderness and explore the Gold rush relics.
Late in the morning you will arrive in Carmacks, were our canoe trip comes to an end. From here we drive back to Whitehorse, where you will appreciate a hot shower or bath and a hearty meal in one of the many restaurants.
Today we'll make sure you will be on time at the airport for your flight home
- Airport transfers in Whitehorse;
- 2 nights’ accommodation in hotel;
- Powerboat transport to Lower Labarge
- Transfers and transportation according itinerary
- All nights during canoe trip in 2 person tents;
- Meals -great food cooked fresh by your guide- during canoe trip;
- Canoe equipment (canoe, life vest, paddle, dry bag, watertight barrel)
- Camping equipment (stove, pots & pans, dishes, tents etc. (except for sleeping bag & sleeping pad)
- Emergency equipment (first aid kit, throw bags, bear spray, satellite phone).
- Fees and permits.
- Professional, licensed local guide certified in Wilderness First-Aid.
- Meals and beverages in hotels and restaurants;
- Sleeping bag & sleeping pad
- Trip cancellation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancellation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects.
- Yukon River is a class 1 river. This means there are no rapids, but be aware this is a wild river in a remote wilderness.
- You will be required to sign a 'release of claims and waiver of liability' form prior to the departure of this tour.