Teslin and Yukon River
- Single room supplement: CAD $195 (hotel & tent)
- Extra for group of 3: CAD $470 p.p
- Extra for group of 2: CAD $1185 p.p
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy, 5% GST extra, all transactions are in Canadian dollars
- NTR 01/2018Jul 8 2018 to Jul 17 2018
- NTR 02/2018Jul 22 2018 to Jul 31 2018
- NTR 03/2018Aug 5 2018 to Aug 14 2018
- NTR 04/2018Aug 19 2018 to Aug 28 2018
Arrival to Whitehorse. Transfer from Whitehorse Airport to the hotel in the city center. In the evening your guide will meet with you and explain the details and getting prepared for canoeing the Teslin River. Of course, he will advise /assist you packing your dry bags.
We ask you to arrange for an early breakfast (not included), so we can leave early in the morning for Johnson’s Crossing, where your canoeing adventure will start. The first part is easy going and this will allow you to get familiar with paddling your canoe. At the camp site we put up the tents and prepare dinner. You will have no problems falling asleep in this quiet wilderness after such an exciting day.
After breakfast you're ready for the next part of the journey. Thanks to the steady current of the river, we'll reach our daily goals without a problem and en route we can stop to try to catch some fish.
The Teslin River takes you through deep impenetrable brush and forest; and with some luck you might spot moose, bears, lynx, or wolves, and often you catch sight of beaver and bald eagles. The fish we’ll catch can provide variety on the daily menu. You'll have the opportunity to learn a few new tricks of wilderness survival.
Where the Teslin River joins the Yukon River the current picks up speed a notch and signs of the Klondike Gold Rush can be seen all along the shores of the Yukon. Hootalinqua was once a bustling place with people, cargo and stern wheelers on their way to the gold fields of Dawson City. These days the Stern wheeler "Evelyn" on Shipyard Island is the only one left to tell the tales. Old woodcutter cabins and equipment from the “Days of Gold” are tucked away in the forest along the Yukon River.
One of the highlights of this trip includes a visit to the ancient abandoned First Nations encampment at the confluence of the Big Salmon and Yukon River.
At 1 PM You’ll arrive at the take-out near Little Salmon Village, were your canoe trip comes to an end. From here we drive back to Whitehorse, (3 hours’ drive) where you will appreciate a hot shower or bath and a hearty meal in one of the many restaurants. (Hotel Whitehorse included in price).
Today we'll make sure you will be on time at the airport for your flight home.
- Airport transfers in Whitehorse;
- All transfers and transportation according itinerary;
- 2 nights’ accommodation in hotel;
- All other nights during canoeing in 2 person tents;
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages during canoe trip;
- All canoe equipment (canoe, life vest, paddle, watertight barrel);
- All camping equipment (stove, pots & pans, dishes, tents etc. (except for sleeping bag & sleeping pad);
- Emergency equipment (first aid kit, throw bags, bear spray, satellite phone);
- Fees and licenses;
- Licensed wilderness and river guide.
- Meals and beverages in hotels and restaurants;
- Sleeping bag & sleeping pad;
- Trip cancellation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancellation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects.
- Teslin and Yukon Rivers are a class 1 river. This means there are no rapids, but be aware this is a wild river in a remote wilderness.
- On the river, al meals are included and will be prepared by your guide. In order to be able to fully enjoy this wilderness trip, we ask you to let us know upfront what your menu preferences (and possible dietary restrictions) are, so your guide will be prepared in the best possible way.
- You will be required to sign a 'release of claims and waiver of liability' form prior to the departure of this tour.