Aurora Borealis & Fall Colours
- Single room supplement CAD $300
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
- All transactions are in Canadian dollars.
- 5% GST will be added.
- NFCA 01/2019Aug 22 2019 to Aug 26 2019
- NFCA 02/2019Aug 29 2019 to Sep 2 2019
- NFCA 03/2019Sep 5 2019 to Sep 9 2019
- NFCA 04/2019Sep 12 2019 to Sep 16 2019
Arrival to Whitehorse. Transfer from Whitehorse Airport to the hotel in the city center.
The Hotel is located within walking distance of all attractions, restaurants, banks and stores. There is time for shopping and dinner on your own.
At 10.30 pm we’ll depart for our first night of aurora viewing. A cozy, heated cabin with hot drinks and snacks makes your northern lights viewing even more enjoyable. Return to hotel around 3.00 am.
Sleep in the morning.
10.00 am city tour with Main Street, Train Depot of the White Pass and Yukon Route, Log Skyscraper, Log Church, Sternwheeler SS Klondike, Fish ladder, Schwatka Lake and some residential areas.
In the afternoon you’ll have time to explore Whitehorse on your own.
By 10:30 pm we’ll drive out of town to view the Aurora Borealis. We’ll return to the hotel around 3:00 am.
We leave at 10am from your hotel and drive on the Alaska Highway South and the Klondike Highway South to Carcross, toward the Coastal Mountain Range. We will do a side trip onto Annie Lake Road, with a stop at the Wheaton River. The mountain scenery is simply stunning. After a scenic 1 hour drive we’ll arrive in Carcross and visit the village. We will have time to stop at the local cafe for some fresh baked goods and latte or espresso or tea. We’ll get the chance to examine historical exhibits enroute.
Lots of great opportunities to stop along the way to take pictures and we have time to enjoy this vast and majestic landscape.
At around 3pm we arrive back in Whitehorse. By 10:30 pm we’ll drive out of town to view the Aurora Borealis. We’ll return to the hotel around 3:00 am.
Today you can sleep in, explore Whitehorse on your own, or go on a (optinal) daytrip. Ask us about availble daytrips to Skagway Alaska, Wildfife preserve or Takhini Hot springs.
At 10.30 pm we’ll leave for aurora viewing.
Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Extend your stay
Ask us for a quote for extra nights for even more Yukon Fun.
- Airport transfers in Whitehorse
- 4 nights accommodation in Whitehorse
- 4 nights of guided aurora viewing including hot drinks & snacks at a heated viewing facility
- All transportation as per itinerary
- City Tour of Whitehorse
- Guided day trip to Carcross
- Taxes, fees and permits
- Experienced driver / guide for the duration of the tour
- Meals and beverages except where specifically noted
- Tip for guide
- Trip cancellation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancellation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects.
- This trip starts and ends in Whitehorse.
- Go to Aurora Day Trips for all our fantastic day activities!
- The Aurora Borealis or Northern Lights is a natural phenomena. Due to weather conditions (clouds) and/or activity level of the Aurora, there is a chance it will not be always visible.