Arctic Circle Fall Safari
- Single supplement CAD $600
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy
- All transactions are in Canadian dollars.
- 5% GST will be added.
- ACF 01/2021Aug 15 2021 to Aug 21 2021
- ConfirmedACF 02/2021Aug 22 2021 to Aug 28 2021Available Spaces:3
- ACF 03/2021Aug 29 2021 to Sep 4 2021
Day 1: Are we there yet?
Transfer from the airport to the hotel in downtown Whitehorse. Meet your tour guide and the other participants for an information meeting. The rest of the day is at your leisure. (No meals included)
Day 2: A colourful day.
The drive from Whitehorse to Dawson provides just a glimpse of the awesomeness that lies ahead on our way to the Arctic Circle. We’ll arrive in Dawson City (540 km/340 miles) in late afternoon. After dinner we’ll visit the Midnight Dome with its beautiful views of the Yukon and Klondike Rivers, and an unobstructed vista to the north. If conditions are right, we’ll have our first encounter with the amazing Aurora Borealis. (bagged lunch included)
Day 3: Sunrise in Dawson City.
We’ll drive the Dempster Highway and learn firsthand why they call Yukon “larger than life.” Be prepared to be amazed. Overnight in Eagle Plains. (Bagged lunch included).
Day 4: Across the dotted line.
After an amazing evening marvelling at a sky ablaze with twinkling stars and Northern Lights, and with a hearty breakfast in our tummies, we are off to the Arctic Circle! The actual dotted line marking 66 degrees Latitude is hidden under the colourful tundra, but we will experience panoramic views of the Richardson Mountains, the official Arctic Circle interpretive sign, miles of tundra and possibly a snow hare in the distance.
As we continue our drive north the “larger than life” theme becomes even larger as we enter the Northwest Territories. We'll take the time to explore and photograph the impressive landscape, then drive back to Eagle Plains for dinner. Weather permitting, we’ll see the Aurora Borealis dancing during the night. (Bagged lunch included)
Day 5: Was that a toe in my drink?
Today you can sleep in before we return to Dawson. Again the amazing views of the colourful mountains along the road will keep you clicking away! In Dawson City we will go up to the Midnight Dome to see the Northern Lights, visit Diamond Tooth Gertie’s and maybe even get up close and personal with the famous sourtoe cocktail. (Bagged lunch included)
Day 6: Back to civilization.
We take the first part of the day to explore Dawson’s fascinating Gold Rush history, and visit the Dänojà Zho Cultural Centre where you will discover the history and culture of the first people of the Klondike. Now our small band of Arctic Circle explorers is ready to return to civilization. Once in Whitehorse you'll check in at the hotel downtown. (Bagged lunch included)
We'll take you to the airport in time for your flight.
- Airport transfers in Whitehorse;
- 6 nights accommodation in hotels and motels;
- All transportation as per itinerary;
- Arctic Circle certificate;
- Fees and licenses;
- Bagged lunches where stated;
- Emergency equipment including satellite phone;
- Experienced driver / guide for the duration of the tour.
- Meals and beverages at restaurants or hotels.
- Trip cancelation and medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancelation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects.
- This trip starts and ends in Whitehorse, Yukon.
- The Aurora Borealis or Northern Lights is a natural phenomena and visibility depends on correct conditions which may be variable..
- Average temperatures at this time of year are between 25° and - 10° Celsius. We ask you to bring adequate clothing for these temperatures. Upon advanced request you can rent a clothing package from Nature Tours of Yukon.
- Nature Tours of Yukon provides all necessary emergency equipment for travelling in remote conditions, including satellite phone.
- On this tour there may be last-minute changes to the itinerary due to the nature of the excursion. We may experience unforeseen delays due to road closures, inclement weather or other reasons. We'll do our best to provide an alternate program of equivalent importance and value, and of a similar nature.
- You will be required to sign a 'release of claims and waiver of liability' form prior to the departure of this tour.