Arctic Circle Tour
- Single supplement CAD $600
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy
- All transactions are in Canadian dollars.
- 5% GST will be added.
- ACT 01 / 2017Nov 13 2017 to Dec 17 2017
- ACT 02 / 2018Jan 6 2018 to Mar 31 2018
- ConfirmedACT 03/2018Feb 26 2018 to Mar 4 2018
Transfer from Whitehorse Airport to your hotel in downtown Whitehorse. Meet your guide and the other participants for an pre-trip information meeting. The rest of the day is at your leisure. (No meals included)
Start of our adventure trip to the north: We’ll drive along the Klondike Highway and stop en route to take pictures. We’ll arrive in Dawson City (540 kms / 340 miles) in late afternoon. After dinner we go to the Midnight Dome with beautiful Views of the Yukon and Klondike Rivers, and an unobstructed view to the north. Hopefully we’ll have our first encounter with the amazing Aurora Borealis. (Lunch included)
We're off on the road less traveled! We'll leave the last trappings of civilization behind (we are well equipped) and head north on the Dempster Highway with its unsurpassed views, overwhelming beauty and magnitude of the landscapes. We'll stop at various spots to marvel at the immense landscape. We reach Eagle Plains in late afternoon. Here we'll find the only hotel, gas station and repair services along the entire highway. Don't expect a luxury hotel, but practical and clean accommodations that we'll share with highway work crews, ice road truckers and worldwide travelers.
The location just south of the Arctic Circle and the altitude offer an unrestricted view. If we are lucky we'll see the spectacle of light by the Northern Lights in the star spangled sky. (Lunch included)
Today we're exploring winter wonderland at its best. We'll drive to the Arctic Circle Interpretative Display, with panoramic views of the Richardson Mountains. Shortly after, we'll reach the border with Northwest Territories. We'll take the time to explore and photograph the impressive winter landscape. Then we drive back to Eagle Plains for dinner. Weather permitting we can go back to the Arctic Circle to see the Aurora Borealis dancing.
Today you can sleep in before we return to Dawson. Again the amazing views of the snow covered mountains along the road will keep you clicking away! In Dawson City we will go up to the Midnight Dome to see the Northern Lights. (Lunch included)
On the drive back to Whitehorse the snow covered landscape, again, will not stop to amaze you. Don't put away your camera yet! Once in Whitehorse you'll check in at the hotel downtown. (Lunch included)
We'll take you to the airport in time for your flight. Or spend a few days in Whitehorse and try ice fishing, snowshoeing, dog sledding or snowmobiling.
- Airport transfers in Whitehorse.
- 6 nights accommodation in hotels and motels.
- All transportation as per itinerary in safe and comfortable SUV (4WD).
- Arctic Circle certificate.
- Aurora certificate.
- Fees and licenses.
- Emergency equipment including satellite phone.
- Experienced driver / guide for the duration of the tour.
- Meals and beverages other then stated.
- Arctic Winter clothing (rental is available)
- Trip cancelation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancelation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects.
- Average temperatures at this time of winter are between -2° and - 24° Celsius (28 to -31 Fahrenheit), but extremes may be as low as -45° Celsius (-50 Fahrenheit). We ask you to bring adequate clothing to withstand these temperatures. Upon request you can rent a clothing package from Nature Tours of Yukon.
- Nature Tours of Yukon provides all necessary emergency equipment for traveling in winter conditions, including satellite phone.
- On this tour there is a possibility that there may be last-minute changes to the itinerary due to the nature of the excursion. We may experience unforeseen delays due to weather or other reasons. We'll do our best to provide an alternate program of equivalent importance and value, and of a similar nature.
- You will be required to sign a 'release of claims and waiver of liability' form prior to the departure of this tour.
- see our Arctic brochure or Aurora brochure for more travel inspiration.