Kluane National Park; Kaskawulsh Glacier Lookout
- Single room supplement: CAD $195 (hotel & tent)
- Surcharge p. p. for group of 3 CAD $365
- Surcharge p. p. for group of 2 CAD $865
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy, 5% GST will be added, all transactions are in Canadian dollars
- NKT 01/2018Jun 24 2018 to Jun 30 2018
- NKT 02/2018Jul 8 2018 to Jul 14 2018
- NKT 03/2018Jul 22 2018 to Jul 28 2018
- NKT 04/2018Aug 4 2018 to Aug 10 2018
- NKT 05/2018Aug 19 2018 to Aug 24 2018
We'll greet you at the airport and transfer you to the Hotel in downtown Whitehorse. If you drive your own vehicle, please check in to the River View Hotel at your convenience.In the evening your guide will meet you at your hotel and explain the details and getting prepared for hiking in Kluane National Park. Of course, he will advise /assist you packing your backpack.
The guide will meet you early in the morning at your hotel to pick you up for your trip to Haines Junction, gateway to Kluane National Park. Leaving Whitehorse, we will turn west on the Alaska Hyway. It will not be a long drive and we will have time to make a few stops to marvel the landscape.In the afternoon we stop at Sheep Mountain Visitor Centre, where we have to register before we start our backpacking trip in Kluane. Soon after we set out on the hiking trail, you can experience the tranquillity and wilderness of Kluane.
Day 3 to 5
We’ll break up camp and move farther into the backcountry along Slim’s River. Every evening we will pitch our tents at a wilderness campsite and prepare a simple, but tasteful dinner. We continue to move further into Kluane National Park and one of the highlites of this route is a strenuous climb of Observation Mountain. But as the views and vistas of the majestic Kaskawulsh Glacier are unimaginably impressive, it is definitely worthwhile the effort. Then we return along Slim’s River. The route can be muddy and marshy in places and there are many creeks to cross.
This is our last day on the trail. We hike out to the trailhead where our car awaits us for our transfer back to Whitehorse. In Haines Junction we will have a late lunch, before we continue our way and arrive late in the afternoon in Whitehorse. We’ll bring you back to your downtown hotel where you can have that longed for hot shower and enjoy dinner in one of the nearby cozy restaurants.
- Airport transfers in Whitehorse;
- Transportation to Kluane;
- Accommodation in Whitehorse (2 x hotel) and in tents on the trail;
- All meals on the trail. including non-alcoholic beverages;
- All camping equipment such as stove, dishes, tents etc. except for sleeping bag & sleeping pad;
- Kluane Park fees and licenses;
- Safety equipment (bear proof food containers, first aid kit, bear spray, SPOT, satellite phone).
- Parks Canada licensed wilderness guide.
- Meals and beverages in hotels and restaurants;
- Sleeping bag & sleeping pad
- Trip cancellation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancellation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects.
- During the Kluane hiking adventure everyone carries part of the load, approximately 18 kg (40 lbs). This includes your own gear, some group camping gear and a portion of the food.
- This trip requires some hiking experience. There will be many creek crossings; some of them can be very demanding.
- All participants must prepare their personal gear for rapidly changing weather; steep, rugged terrain and cold, swift flowing streams.
- There is a high chance we will see grizzly bears on this route. It's of the upmost importance for your and the bear's safety that you comply with our guide's bear encounter procedures.
- Occasionally the West Route is closed by Park wardens due to high grizzly bear activity. If this is the case, we will hike the East Route, which is also spectacular.
- You will be required to sign a 'release of claims and waiver of liability' form prior to the departure of this tour.