Aurora Borealis & Winter Wonderland
- Single room supplement CAD $300
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
- All transactions are in Canadian dollars.
- 5% GST will be added.
- Dec 4 2017 to Apr 1 2018
We'll welcome you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel in downtown Whitehorse, were we will fit you out with winter clothing, and you can register for optional tours from our Aurora Borealis day trip menu. At 9.30 PM we depart for the Aurora hunting. Small groups and personal attention are the core of our aurora viewing service.
During the day: optional tours (choose from our Aurora Borealis day trip menu). Go ice fishing, snowshoeing or dog sledding. At 9:30 PM we depart for Aurora viewing. Hot drinks and snacks are provided. Return to hotel around 1:30 AM.
After breakfast we depart at 9.00 for Kluane National Park. On the way we stop regularly to take photos of the beautiful landscape. Once we reach Kluane we can go for a short hike on snowshoes. Lunch will be pick-nick style at Kathleen Lake. At 3.30 pm we drive back to Whitehorse.
Morning at your leisure or go for one of our day trips.
(choose from Aurora Borealis day trip menu).
At 9:30 PM departure for Aurora viewing. Return to hotel around 1:30 AM.
- 4 nights accommodation in hotel
- All transfers by van
- English speaking driver/guide
- 3 nights Aurora viewing (incl. snacks and hot drinks).
- Day trip to Kluane National Park (incl. lunch and use of snowshoes)
- Winter clothing (rental is available)*Advance booking required* ;
- Meals and Beverages.
- Optinal day trips ( go to Aurora Day Trips for all our fantastic day activities!)
- Trip cancellation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancellation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects.
- This trip starts and ends in Whitehorse.
- Average temperatures at this time of winter are between -2° and - 24° Celsius (28 to -31 Fahrenheit), but extremes may be as low as -45° Celsius (-50 Fahrenheit). We ask you to bring adequate clothing to withstand these temperatures.
- Upon request you can rent a clothing package from Nature Tours of Yukon.
- Aurora Borealis is a natural phenomena. Due to weather conditions (clouds) and/or activity level of the Aurora, there is always a chance it will not be visible.
- You will be required to sign a 'release of claims and waiver of liability' form prior to the departure of this tour.
Winter clothing rental:
Winter outerwear pants with inner fleece liner. Winter outerwear jacket with inner fleece liner.Winter boots (Sorrel Glacier or similar). Insulated mitts. Insulated headgear / cap.