Nature Tours of Yukon recognizes our operations have an impact upon the environment and as a consequence of this, will assess the impact of current and likely future operations on the environment. Where appropriate Nature Tours of Yukon will meet and, were possible, exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation and approved codes of conduct. Where no regulations or codes of conduct we shall set our own standards.
Nature Tours of Yukon will:
- Require awareness of environmental responsibilities of employees by setting up environmental policy and guidelines, and publishing the policy and relevant information on the intranet.
- Implement and practice the outdoor ethics of "Leave no trace" on all our guided tour programs.
- Require our guides to clean up left behind waste by others where ever they find it in the wilderness and carry it out or dispose of as required in our ‘leave no trace’ guidelines.
- Promote recycling of waste by providing recycling containers on our tour programs and will strive to reduce consumption of all other materials wherever possible.
- Promote recycling of waste paper by providing recycling boxes throughout its office(s) and will strive to reduce consumption of all other materials wherever possible.
- Promote purchasing which will give preference, as far as is reasonably practicable, to those suppliers which cause the least harm to the environment.
- Reduce water consumption where reasonably practicable.
- Promote effective methods of getting to and from the workplace where appropriate.
- Commitment to continuous improvement